belgianwhovian asked: Tag! You're it! The rules are to state 10 random facts about yourself. Then, go to ten blogs and tell them that they are it. (I think this is for answering publicly, but I'm not sure. I made a separate post for mine.)
Oh yay, look at me, being all “it”.
1. I have a book blog! Nobody actually reads it :p
2. I’m moving soon and looking forward to an entire wall’s worth of bookcases.
3. Because I’m graduating next year, I went a little hair colour crazy a few month’s back and went from brunette to ginger to pink to blonde and back to brunette.
4. I got my first pair of glasses a month ago at age 22 and am very happy about it.
5. My favourite childhood book was Matilda by Roald Dahl. It still sucks that those telekenetic powers never happened.
6. I have a cat. His name is Typhus because at 18, I thought that was funny.
7. I’m suprised people follow my personal blog because it isn’t very coherent.
8. My internship will be at a forensic facility working with sexual delinquents; very much looking forward to it.
9. I wish I could play the piano.
10. Single. Gentlemen.
@11 months ago with 1 note
#belgianwhovian #Ask #replies
bezrodny replied to your post: Exams => social isolation
Let’s shoot pictures! I’m in desperate need of a fresh face.
This might be a good idea yes.
itisnotthejediway replied to your post: Second-to-last exam tomorrow.
me too, good luck!
Good luck to you too then ^^
belgianwhovian replied to your post: Second-to-last exam tomorrow.
kingdomofnothing replied to your post: Second-to-last exam tomorrow.
How’d it go? :))
Thanks everyone! It’s at 2 today, so I’ll let you know after ^^
@11 months ago with 2 notes
#bezrodny #belgianwhovian #itisnotthejediway #kingdomofnothing
belgianwhovian replied to your post: Riddle me this, Tumblr:
I would just like to say that I appreciate how you like to discuss such matters intellectually and open-mindedly, especially in an environment that stimulates simplifications like turning “emotions” into “feels” and you probably know what else.
Thank you! That was my intention. I actually don’t like the term “hate” although I did use the word for Martha (unfortunately simplifying). Though I love tumblr, I’m not fond of the way that everything gets put into polarising terms: every negative comment about a character is “hate”. No, hate is a powerful and destructive thing. Calling every instance of that “hate” just paves the way for more extreme reactions on both sides, when what I’m sure most people mean is “I don’t like such and such(’s action)” instead of “I hope that this person gets their eyes gauged out.”
In this context, Orwell’s 1984 (and more especially its appendix) provides a fascinating insight into the way our language shapes our thoughts and emotions, just as often as the other way around. Recommend! :)
@1 year ago with 2 notes
#belgianwhovian #george orwell #orwell #hate #tumblr etiquette
belgianwhovian replied to your photo: More book porn! Books are both by David Mitchell:…
A cat named after a disease? I could just imagine someone from holland happening to be around, shouting at no-one in particular “krijg de kleretyfus!” and this cat looking up…
I got the kitty when I was 18 and so, I thought this would be supercool and thus, make me cool as well :p You should have seen the look on the vet’s face when I took him to her for the first time. Then she informed me that it was also a cat’s illness.
@1 year ago with 1 note
#belgianwhovian #cat: Typhus #Typhus #pets #cat #cats #kitty